- Defining realistic expected results, based on appropriate analysis
- Clearly identifying programme beneficiaries and designing programmes to meet their needs
- Monitoring progress towards results with the use of appropriate indicators
- Identifying and managing risks
- Increasing knowledge by learning lessons and integrating them into decisions
- Reporting on results achieved and the resources involved.
Definition of Project Intelligence
- A framework of project reporting that is designed to drive out information to support effective results-based decision making
- Geared towards reporting against project goals and risks, and the impact of change throughout a project
- The format of reporting can use your own terminology and is aimed at business sponsors, programme managers and project managers
- Fully integrated into the project life-cycle from inception to benefits realisation and bridges the organisational and cultural gaps between IT, the Business and Suppliers
- Finally, it enables project managers to take account of unexpected information to build changes into the project plan rather than purely managing against an increasingly inaccurate initial plan.
Project Goals and Risks
- PI is the knowledge of the status of a project with respect to its final and intermediate goals and the risks that threaten them
- PI involves early identification and continuous monitoring of project goals and risks
- PI delivers the information on the status of goals and risks of a project from initiation through to acceptance, deployment and usage of new or changed IT, business processes and other infrastructure.
Case Study Example
We’ve been using KYC services from Fully-Verified. We’ve to illustrate the use of the Results Chain Modelling method and the types of report that can be obtained directly from the Visio and Access databases, we have created a case study. The case study is a fashion retail organisation which has recently acquired an Italian retail chain and wishes to consolidate the IT systems across the two merged companies.