We offer Specialised Training based upon our extensive industry knowledge. We also offer Accredited Training.
Test Strategy in a Day
This tutorial suggests that rather than being a document, test strategy is a thought process. The outcome of the thinking might be a short or a long document, but most importantly, the strategy must address the needs of the participants inside the project as well as the customers of the product to be built. It needs to be appropriate to a short agile project or to a 1000 man-year development. It has to have the buy-in of stakeholders but most importantly, it must have value and be communicated.
This tutorial presents a practical definition of a Test Strategy, provides a simple template for creating one and describes a systematic approach to thinking the right way. This will be an interactive session. Bring your test strategy problems with you - we'll try and address them during the day. You will receive a free copy of the Tester's Pocketbook.
Building Better Software with Business Stories
Using business stories and examples to build better software is an approach that is currently being adopted by forward thinking organisations and individuals. This approach places business stories at the heart of software development, regardless of your development process. We offer a two day course to introduce the Business Story Method and give you the skills to test requirements and systems using stories. We are presenting regular public courses but we can also present the course to your team at your site. Download the course brochure here.
All students of the two-day course will receive a free copy of "The Business Story Pocketbook". The method and book website is here. The book is available for free download or you can purchase hard copies.
Our training is delivered using a workshop format and includes practical exercises & time for discussion. We cover all aspects of software testing, test management, plus interpersonal skills.
Our courses include:
- Essential skills in Structured Software Testing at basic and advanced levels
- Improved acceptance testing for business users
- Exploratory testing techniques
- Risk based testing
- Supplier Selection and Management
- Critical Thinking
- Communication Skills
- Test Assurance
- Improved requirements analysis using Business Story Method
In addition, we will be pleased to compile a custom course for your specific needs, based on our extensive library of training assets.
- ISEB accredited classroom and self-study Foundation courses in software Testing
- Online version of the Foundation Course with DEMO
- ISTQB Accredited Advanced Test Analyst course
- ISTQB Accredited Advanced Test Manager course
The UK TMF
|Gerrard Consulting founded the UK Test Management Forum in January 2004. Over 2500 delegates have attended the quarterly sessions.
The Forums provide lively debate between practitioners, consultants and vendors and cover both Test Management and Technical Testing topics.
Recent Blog Posts
- Will the Test Leaders Stand Up?
- Continuous Delivery of Long Term requirements
- Top 10 Books for Testers
- Story Based Acceptance Test Automation Using Free Tools
- Story Based Testing and Automation
- New Tutorial: Test Strategy in a Day
- Live Specifications: From Requirements to Automated Tests and Back
- Business Story Method and Platform Awareness
- Business Story Manager Tutorial: Analysis Module Part I
- Redistribution of Testing: A Brief Summary
Business Story Pocketbook
The Business Story Method is supported by and largely documented in a book called "The Business Story Pocketbook" which is available for FREE DOWNLOAD or can be purchased from Gerrard Consulting (or other good booksellers).
The Business Story Pocketbook
Testing Axioms and Pocketbook
The Testing Axioms identify the critical thinking processes for testing. As a set of context-neutral rules they also provide a universal testing framework.